Disbelieving Panther cops blame for 'average' final - TSB

Sports news and updates

Hot

Thursday 22 October 2020

Disbelieving Panther cops blame for 'average' final

Underrated back-rower Liam Martin has declared he needs to lift his game on Sunday after an uncharacteristically below par performance against Souths last weekend.

Martin has been one of the key figures in the Panthers' amazing run to the grand final - but lost his way in the narrow win over the Bunnies.

A straight-talking bush boy, Martin is brutal in his assessment of his game and says he needs to perform much better if the Panthers are to lift the trophy.

"It's great to be in the grand final and I still can't believe it in some ways," Temora junior Martin told Wide World of Sports.

"But we were all a bit down against Souths and can't serve that up against the Storm.

"As for my game, I thought I was average at best. I made a few errors that cost the team and (Dane) Gagai's try was probably my fault.

"I wasn't happy with how I went but luckily the boys came through and we get the chance to fight it out for the title on Sunday."

Martin made just 69 metres from eight runs against the Rabbitohs and missed four tackles - stats that were well down on his usual heavy workload.

"I just struggled to get into the game and then the mistakes came," he said.

"But I can and will do better."

Temora in the Riverina traditionally supports St George Illawarra as the local team is known as the Dragons.

But all that will change on Sunday.

"The fans have always supported the Dragons but the word I am getting from down there is that they are very much cheering for the Panthers because I am local boy," he said.

"I've got about 30 friends and family coming up and hopefully we can get the job done and finish what's been a great season for us."

Full Grand Final preview and inside the Blues’ bubble: Freddy & the Eighth

from WWOS https://ift.tt/34j8x9R
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2019 Tech Location BD. All Right Reserved